All designs and creations posted by me are to provide others with inspiration and ideas. I appreciate you stopping by to view my work! Please feel free to use to my ideas on your own projects, but please give credit where credit is due and do not duplicate for contests/challenges or for selling purposes by recreating my projects. Thank you again for coming by!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Crafty Chicks Summer Challenge #1

Challenge #1 was as follows:

1. Scrap something you have been “meaning” to scrap. This could be a card, a LO, or an altered item.
2. Include the color YELLOW for summer!
3. Include embossing (either dry or wet)
4. Distress something, and...
5. Include at least one flower type embellishment

For this challenge I chose to start scrapping my daughter's just past 9th birthday because if I don't do it in the present it will sit in my past pile...which is tremendously big!  I admit I totally scraplifted this idea from the Cricut Circle Blog, July Memory Monday designer Jillian Deiling Cassity.  I used the Stand and Salute Cricut Cartridge to create the rainbow (used my gypsy to weld), the Graphically Speaking Cartridge for the Sun and the clouds were on Word Builders 3 An Ocean of Words Cartridge.  I used blue inking to the clouds and orange to the sun.  The blue paper is embossed, but hard to tell in the photos and of course I added some blingy flowers and chipboard letters to complete the LO!




No comments:

Post a Comment